June 5, 2020:
- David Jones died Thursday in Ohio following a stroke
- Chuck Duncan – mucus suctioned off a lung last week; home and awaiting diagnosis
- Noreen Sydor – recovering at home from an accident
- Maynard Cox – squamous cell skin cancer removed on his arm
- Margaret Ady – total knee replacement scheduled for June 9
- Monna Sommer – foot surgery June 10
- Laurie Fields – a beloved great aunt died last week
- Lisa Meadows – her stepfather had a heart procedure this week
- Chuck Rohr – cataract surgery this week and next
- Monna Sommer’s granddaughter Harper –ulcerative colitis
- Remember family members with continuing health concerns: John Reed, Bev Foreman, Joe Baiocco, Joe Camp, Susan Stone, Linda P. Cox, Gene & Joe Bunker, Claudine Gorton, Chuck Schmitz, Crisi Martin, Fred Ady, Kylee Lemmons, Dick Spangler, Bill & Leanna Phillips, and Sybille Sprang.
Next Sunday June 14 at 5:00 p.m., we will celebrate with our graduating seniors in the church parking lot. They will each have a trunk open with graduation decorations if possible. Members are invited to come through with a love gift or card of congratulations for the graduates. We can’t give out hugs right now but we can still shower them with our love!
- Alyssa Douglas – Waccamaw
- Jazmin Ixcoy – St. James
- Kelsey Pendley – St. James
- Madelynn Davidock – Time4Learning
- Taylor Carver — Socastee
CHILDREN & TEENS
- Rachel McClellan & Co. continue to post a CBT lesson on Facebook every week. Don’t miss it!
- Sal Manno (elementary) continues to post lessons on the Youth Ministry Facebook page
- Steve Howard (teens) continues Zoom meetings
CR meetings will resume on Monday, June 8, with social distancing and sanitary safeguards in place. Doors will open at 6:00 pm to dine in. NO DINNER SERVICE, NO FOOD, AND NO BEVERAGES WILL BE PROVIDED. You will be allowed to bring your own meals and drinks. Large Group worship will begin at 6:30.
Online attendance 5/31: 146 members signed in or liked our Facebook Live worship along with at least 18 visitors. If you continue to watch Facebook online, be sure to “report in” so we can have a good count. Think of it as signing the attendance slip!
For the week ending 5/31/20:
- $3955 Cash & Checks
- $1105 Facebook
- $ 265 Venmo
- $5325 Total
- Weekly Average = $7013
- Weekly budget $6700
REOPENING: The Elders have announced our reopening for worship this Sunday, June 7. There will be three Sunday morning services as well as one live online, but no classes at this time. If you missed the announcement, it is available on our website.
SUPPLIES: For those who are staying at home for a while longer, remember that communion bread is available at the building. Pick it up whenever Jay is in the office.
- We continue to assist South Strand Helping Hands with the purchase of needed meat.