February 23, 2020:
2020 DIRECTORY UPDATE: If you haven’t already, please pick yours up from the member mailboxes. If you would like a digital copy for your phone or computer, please send a request to Jana at email@example.com.
WE’VE BEEN BUSY: Many folks have been involved in church family life lately. A nice crowd ate and visited during our monthly potluck dinner; 27+ Super Seniors enjoyed an indoor picnic and games; a good group of prayer pal ladies had dinner together; 15+ teens and sponsors attended Winterfest, 30+ folks kicked off the new Friday Morning Fellowship coffee breaks; 50+ enjoyed bowling and games one Sunday afternoon; Team Trivia Thursdays are still alive and well; and a group of intrepid golfers braved cool temperatures for a round. Where were YOU? Don’t miss these wonderful opportunities to get to know your church family better and to let them get to know you as well!
SECURITY REMINDER: The doors to the fellowship center are locked following Sunday school. You can exit but not re-enter the building through these doors. Because this part of the building is left unoccupied during our worship assembly, locking these doors is a security measure. Additionally, the self locking doors in the worship center will allow you to go out but you cannot reenter without a key. Several men will be rotating duty in the foyer to admit late comers.
ADULT BIBLE CLASSES
Sunday/Fellowship Center: Exploring “Faith”
- March 1 – What is Faith? — Charles Bell
- March 8 – What is Justification by Faith? — Chuck Cahoon
- March 15 – What is Faith and Works? — Scott Waltman
- March 22 – What is Little Faith? — Joe Cuseo
- March 29 – What is By Faith, Not By Sight? — Mow Wright
Adult Classroom: “IF ANYONE HAS A…” An Experiment in 1 COR. 14:26 led by Jay Thornell
Wednesday Night led by Jay and friends
March: This Is How I Fight My Battles
CHILDREN & TEENS NEWS & NOTES
- Wednesday night K-5 class: In the month of February, the topic of study is “Any playlist sounds better when you put love in the mix. So pump up the volume and choose to treat others the way you want to be treated.” Be sure to bring your children!
- Feb. 23 — Youth Talks will be at the Subway on 707 across from St. James High School TODAY, at 5:00 p.m. to discuss
“Understanding our (your ) parents”. Remember there is a box on the Member Center table where you and/or your parents can anonymously drop in the issues and questions you’d like discussed in future Youth Talks. Ideas or questions? Contact Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A “Remind” group is being used to communicate upcoming youth events. You can join by following the instructions below or by going to https://www.remind.com/join/2212gscocy or by texting @2212gscocy to 81010. See Amy McClellan with questions.
- SUMMER CAMP: Registration is now open for Palmetto Bible Camp. Campers and volunteers can sign up now for the 4th week, July 5-11 for ages 9-19 at http://www.pbc.camp.
Remember our mission efforts:
- Joseph Rhodes, Russia
- Vladimir Rancev, Lithuania
- Hope for Haiti’s Children
- Southeastern Children’s Home
- Palmetto Bible Camp
- Hispanic Ministry
- Christian Courier
- World Christian Broadcasting