August 7, 2020:
OUR PRAYER LIST
- Joe Camp — continues dialysis treatment and has been diagnosed with shingles
- Linda Cox – Nephew, Chris Cole, arm and hand badly burned in cooking accident
- Louise Warren — recovering from three fractures in her back, a broken tailbone, and pneumonia. She turns 92 next week and asked me to tell you “hello” and “I miss you”. Send her a card!
- Wrichidelle Bell — her father passed away last week
- Carol Trinks – recovering from breast cancer surgery last week; she will begin radiation treatment next month
- Susan Stone — recovering from shingles and a frozen shoulder as she continues to work from home; her recent gall bladder surgery did improve her appetite and relieve some of her symptoms
- Beverly Foreman – will have pacemaker surgery Monday
- Beverly Foreman’s daughter Amber – further tests required to identify some irregular cells from a tumor on her hand
- Remember family members with continuing health concerns: Adam Archambault, Yvonne Rohr, Debbie Jackson, Beverly Foreman, Linda P. Cox, Josie Bunker, John Reed, Crisi Martin, Fred Ady, Kylee Lemmons, Dick Spangler, Bill & Leanna Phillips, and Sybille Sprang.
THANK YOU: From Heather Graves: “Thank you to our wonderful church family for all of your prayers for my family while we were down with the COVID. We are all out of quarantine and feeling somewhat better, finally!!!”
CHILDREN’S SUNDAY SCHOOL LESSONS: If you attend Sunday worship at the church building with your children, please remember to pick up their lessons from the box in the foyer.
PLAYGROUND IMPROVEMENTS: Did you know our playground has been updated with new equipment and a border to contain the new rocks? Also new fencing has been installed. Our thanks to Crystal Lemmons for managing this project! 2019 came and went but we still want to “Get Younger”.
CHURCH PICNIC: Our annual Beach Picnic in September has been cancelled due to COVID 19.
- HFHC: Our annual Christmas shoebox project for Hope for Haiti’s Children will be rolled out soon — be watching for more information.
- COIN CANS: Here are our plans for the “coin can” program this year for South-eastern Children’s Home: Due to the pandemic, we are not going to disperse cans this year. We are asking each person who desires to contribute to this important work to send in only cash or checks to the church or drop into the contribution boxes in the foyer. Please mark on the envelope or “check memo line” that it is for the “coin can” program. This will allow Crystal to track and keep separate from other donations. Then we will forward one check in October to SECH as we have done in the past. In case you don’t know how much your change cans usually contained, the average amount of change in the cans ranged between $50 and $75. Please prayerfully consider donating to this work, even though we don’t have the cans. We have received word from the Home that so far everyone is healthy. May God continue to bless these children and their staff.
NEW ADDRESSES: (Update your directory!)
230 A Ivystone Dr.
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
209 Wando River Road Unit 10A
Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
ATTENDANCE: Attendance 8/2: 79 at the building and (at least) 89 online.
CONTRIBUTION: For the week ending 8/2/20:
$3921.00 Cash & Checks
$ 60.00 Facebook Pledge
$ 80.00 Venmo
Weekly Avg = $6900
Weekly budget = $6700